First broadcast March 6, 2009
State Troubadours/ Alison Krauss
10 p.m. to Midnight Host: Steve Winters
Second Hour: Prerecorded Alison Krauss interview
This was a two part show with Paul Litwinovich filling in for a vacationing Steve Winters.
The first hour was dedicated to a few former and present Connecticut State Troubadours , as well as the music of David Walburn, who certainly would qualify as a Montana state troubadour, should the position ever become official. A bill to enact the position was placed before the Montana legislature last summer, but I was not able to determine its outcome at the time of this show. Connecticut created the honorary position back in 1991. It has been held by thirteen individuals or duets since its inception.
Lara Herscovitch, the current CT troubadour discovered that I was planning the show and sent me three songs from her up coming CD “Through A Frozen Midnight Sky” to be released later this year. I wish that I could have slipped in her song “Lightning” which has a blues flavor. All were great, but I was running short on time and could only fit one in. It will be well worth picking up a copy of this CD once it is available, you won’t be disappointed.
The second hour was a prerecorded interview with Alison Krauss hosted by Rounder Record’s Brad Paul
I closed the show out with a hammer dulcimer medley played by Mike Kachuba that had been recorded live on a previous edition of Profiles.
- Artist, "Title", Album, Label
- David Walburn, “When The Land Belonged To God”, Sweet Montana Home, The Ghost Of Charlie Russell, MONTANA: Life Under The Big Sky, Independent
- Pierce Campbell, “John Barleycorn”, Songs Of The Drink, Songs Of The Sea, Independent
- Thomasina Levy, "Gypsy Rover", , WSHU studio A recording
- David Walburn, “Going To The Sun”, MONTANA: Life Under The Big Sky, Independent
- Mike Kachuba, “He Took To The Sky”, It Happened In Connecticut, Independent
- Lara Herscovitch, “Under Connecticut Skys”, Through A Frozen Midnight Sky, LaRama Records
- Kevin Briody, “When No One's Watching”, When No One's Watching , Independent
- David Walburn, The Great Northern, MONTANA: Life Under The Big Sky, Independent
Wrap up with a hammer dulcimer medley by Mike Kachuba