The airwaves were cracklin’ tonight as we hosted the radio debut of the Bedlam Brothers String Band in our Studio A. The new band is comprised of three old friends — Mike Kachuba, Geoff Kooris and Jeff McHugh, all of whom have played together in the Ash Creek String Band. They’ve teamed with fiddler Dave McCann, longtime with the Jackson Pike Skifflers, to form Bedlam Brothers.
The guys joined us for close to 90 minutes of chat and live music and then I closed with selections from a brand new album by the Connecticut/New York bluegrass band Too Blue and string bands Boxcar Lilies and Red June. The maestro behind the glass mixing sound was once again WSHU Chief Engineer Paul Litwinovich.
Bedlam Brothers String Band Live in WSHU’s Studio A
“Three Thin Dimes”
“Nine Pound Hammer”
“Cornbread And Butter Beans”
“Green, Green Rocky Road”
“Merrily Kiss The Quaker’s Wife”
“Blue Ridge Mountain Girl”
“Got Me A Woman”
“He’s In The Jailhouse Now”
“Black-Eyed Peas And Cornbread/Mason’s Apron”
Webmaster's note: The audio of this live show is not available due to a recording malfunction.
- Artist, "Title", Album, Label
- Too Blue, “Grace’s Fancy/Murphy’s Rag”, “I Fall To Pieces”, Trouble With The Grey, Independent
- Boxcar Lilies, “Old Man”, Heartwood, Independent
- Red June, “Comes A Time”, Remember Me Well, Red June Music
- Boxcar Lilies, “Green River Blues”, “Places On The Highway”, Heartwood, Independent
- Too Blue, “Turnpike Reel”, Trouble With The Grey, Independent